Wednesday, March 05, 2008

O.T. - Am I working too hard??

This is way off-topic but I just had to share this.

I read an article recently about a woman by the name of Ailin Graef who created a character in an online game called Second Life. The character's name is Anshe Chung. Anshe / Ailin has become the world's first Virtual Millionaire while playing the game! Furthermore, it only took her 2 years to do it! Here is a link to the press release: Anshe Chung became the world's first Virtual World Millionaire.

I mean this is amazing! This is an early step toward "The Matrix" when we will all be living our lives in virtual worlds! It is also very exciting because the possibilities are endless.

Now I've been working my day job and trying to build my voiceover business over the last 2 years and I have yet to get anywhere near millionaire status, so now I'm wondering, should I stop working so hard . . . and start playing games?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I set up an account on Second Life last year after reading about it in USA Today. It's not really so much a "game" as it is a virtual chat room. I haven't been on in months but there are VO opportunities there. I actually auditioned for a spot from Voices.com that was for a DJ in Second Life.
It's a little weird and some strange goings on there, but it's an amazing program.

Voiceover Thespian said...

I was wondering about that. It's a virtual world where people can actually do business. I think there are opportunities opening up here that could be exploited by clever people, I'm just not sure that I'm one of those people.

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.