Wednesday, September 20, 2006

What's in a name?

When I initially thought about making money on the internet, I thought I'd start an eBay business. Right away, I figured I'd buy a domain and set up a website to promote the business. I wanted to name the site something that would be cool yet could be an actual business name. I settled on SereniteBiz in honor of my granddaughter Serenity, and what I intended the site to be, an eBusiness.

The eBay thing cooled off.

When I embarked on my voiceover career. Rather than think up a cool new name for my Voice Acting website, I just recycled SereniteBiz.com. Well, the site has been up for a while and it has been duly crawled by various bots and such. I am actually in the #1 position in Google if someone searches for Bilingual Voiceover Actor!

As is the usual course of things, my SereniteBiz domain name came up for renewal. I started thinking that perhaps I should buy a domain that actually sounds like it has something to do with Voiceovers and Acting, thus the birth of voiceoverthespian.com. I just bought the domain today and I want to spruce up the old site before I actually launch it. I am hoping that it will be far more successful than serenitebiz.com and hopefully, this blog will help too.

1 comment:

Blogger said...

I make $20 for a 20 minute survey!

Guess what? This is exactly what big companies are paying me for. They need to know what their average customer needs and wants. So large companies pay millions of dollars per month to the average person. In return, the average person, like myself, answers some questions and gives them their opinion.