Wednesday, September 03, 2008

My Audiobook Adventure - Day 1

It's 8:30 a.m. and I'm about ready to walk out the door and head to the Audible offices in Newark NJ. I wish they had offices in a cooler town but that's life.

I received a contract from them over the weekend stating the terms and conditions of my relationship with them and the rate we'd negotiated for this first book. It's a non-union gig so the money's not so great, but it's a beginning and I am excited about the opportunity.

This is an area of voiceover that I'd not explored previously. Well, that's not completely true. I did audition at Audible about 3 years ago or so when I first started pursuing the VO dream, but I didn't get much of a response. 3 years of experience later has apparently made a difference.

So I'm off for day 1. I'll let you know how it turns out later this evening.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, Joe! Congratulations on landing this awesome gig! I am thrilled for your success and look forward to reading all the details about this project.

Karen Commins
www.KarenVoices.com
www.KarenBlogs.com