Saturday, October 11, 2008

I Love Repeat Business - Part Deux

So the lovely, wonderful, spectacularly intelligent folks over at Audible.com have called to offer me another audiobook to read. I guess they liked the results from that first one.

To say that I am thrilled is an understatement.

When I got into this voiceover game, I had no idea where it would lead. I originally wanted to do cartoons and character work. I still do. Then I figured since I am bilingual, I'd maybe try my hand . . . er . . . mouth, at some Spanish stuff. Now I have entered the Audiobook genre. Being asked to do a second one is for me, a huge success. I am working in a field that Pat Fraley calls the Shakespeare of the voiceover industry.

Any way you slice it, that's just plain cool man.

Frankly, I've not been the most focused business person in this game and I guess my slow progress is evidence of that, but though slow, my progress has been pretty steady. So now, between the Audiobooks and Spanish Language stuff, I've gotten two of my highest paying gigs to date.

I don't want to jump the gun here, but I think I might actually have some talent for this stuff after all.

Oh, and let's not forget, both of those gigs where from repeat business.

So let me say it once again . . . I really, really love repeat business.

No comments: