Thursday, July 12, 2007

My worst night on set by far

Tonight was the worst yet. No lines, just walking, stalking, pointing and not shooting. It was so hot and humid I was drenched in sweat and we just kept doing it over and over take after take. First it was just me just walking off into the distance. Easy, right? Wrong! My walking was fine but they were having trouble with the angles and elevation and speed and zoom etc . . . on the friggin crane shot.

Then I had to stalk around the building, turn the corner and aim and . . . yes! No! Nothing to shoot. Disappointed, I re-holster the gun and stalk off. Do that shot again, and again, and again. My legs were starting to tremble from crouching and stalking my imaginary foe so many times. Then we change the camera angle and do it all over again, and again, and again.

By the end of the night, I was exhausted and soaked in sweat. Did I mention the bugs in Savannah? I think this must be where they all come to spend their summers.

Am I loving it? DAMN RIGHT I AM! Loving every second of it.

Tomorrow we shoot the final scene and wrap the movie. I'll let you know how it turns out.

No comments: